Tuesday, January 5, 2010

first draft

I've finished the first draft of Halo. this is official :)))
actually, I have finished it a day ago, but the last few words are a poem written by one of the characters, and I had to do some research and generally, I disliked the way the poem was first written.
now I'm kind of satisfied with it and now I'll relax my brain. my plan is to revise it within a couple of weeks.
-
1. I understand that seeing a novel published is great a cause to celebrate one's authorship, but does finishing a draft have a same effect on you? do you celebrate it at all? I think this is highly personal... it depends on the writer as a person, and yes, this is what I'm interested in: people.
-
in the meantime I'll be sure to check out Jason's new contest. there are always a great number of suprising, inspiring and outstanding short pieces. I'm looking forward to read my friends entries, but I am open to read and enjoy all sorts of ideas, style and theme.
-
at the moment I have one idea in mind, that might make a nice poem as an entry, but I'll just see.
-
2. are you planning to enter?

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I get a big rush, mixed with some nostalgia and an almost bittersweet feeling, from "Finishing" the book. That feels good.

SzélsőFa said...

I bet it does, Charles.
it's like a farewell, or letting a child go on his own for a while.

Revision will be tough I'm afraid.

Chris Eldin said...

Congratulations for this incredible moment!! I hope the New Year brings many more for you!!
:-)

SzélsőFa said...

Thanks, Chris!!!
this to the same to you!