Thursday, September 16, 2010

a short answer to Vesper

who has taken her time and read my short story.
she asked quote Last night, they were showing an ad on tv about an xbox game named "Halo". Does it have anything to do with your Halo? end quote.
my short answer is a definite no.
-
for a long answer, read further...
it all started with Jason. he had this contest where the photograph we had to use was named Halo. it showed a forest with a clearing and a ray of sunlight.
i simply kept the name of the photograph as a title.
basically i used the original meaning of the word - my hero is looking for something to illuminate his life. he is looking for a clear stance. a victory. a light within the darkness of the tangled branches.
-
so, I finished my contest entry (limited to 250 words) with the title Halo and just when i was thinking about expanding it to a larger piece have i come accross the actual game named Halo.
-
the original idea had nothing to do with the game, but once i figured out Halo is a name of a game i kind of started to enjoy the coincidence. it may or may not draw readers who have played (or are still playing) with the game for example.
-

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've played a bit of Halo. I have the game for my XBox, but I'm playing more Red Dead REdemption these days.

SzélsőFa said...

you seem to be manage your time extraordinarily well, Charles
*goes slightly green with envy*
:)))