Thursday, December 9, 2010

NaNo news 12

i have finished it and let it rest for a week.
-

i have changed the title in the hungarian version. to me, in my own language, 'copper moon', or as it was in hungarian 'velvet moon' and 'bronze moon' sounded cheesy.
and in general, almost any [adjective]+[noun] sounds cheesy as a title.
unless it's a strange/strikingly new/original combination it does sound either cheesy or boring. I mean, even i would not buy a book with the title 'velvet moon' (in hungarian).
so now the title is changed into h_oldk_avicsok, which roughly translates to 'pebbles of the moon'.
i wanted to include the moon in the title but faced that since the twilight series (which is a huge attraction in hungary, too), reading the noun 'moon' on a title almost instantly makes the reader associate that book with the series.
which is a sad thing, for beacuse of this newest and successful branch of pop literature, some words might just go missing from the vocabulary of normal people.
it's not that i haven't watched all the 3 parts.
yup, i did an in almost one go.
shame on me?
hm...
but i don't want people associate the series with me and my novel.
if you ask me though, i am all team jacob.
but that little secret should remain between you and me :)))
-
now i have a friend who helps me with the first revision.
we go chapter by chapter.
-

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It's good to have a friend.

SzélsőFa said...

i met him at an online literary forum. i don't exactly know who he is, but from other people's comments i gather he is some sort of a literature-teacher.
i hope he will bear with me till the end of the 8th chapter.

were the novel in english, i would surely ask one of my friends accross the ocean to have a peek.
*coughs*
there's a saying that 'the more eyes there are around the more they see.'