Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the good news...

is that now i have my very own copy of the anthology we (the writers' group) published.
And what's more, we had a very bright and thoughtful evening to celebrate the book. The event was held in the town library on 31 May.
It started with a little discussion about issues related to writing, publishing and literature in general, and then the moderator of the event (a 30-something contemporary poet) with the help of the leader of the writers' group guided the audience through the various sections of the book.
-
Some of the poems or short stories were partly, or completely read aloud.
One of my contributions was too, read.
Listening to my thoughts being read aloud felt a bit awkward as this flash fiction is quite an emotional one. I wrote it just a couple of months ago. It still works within me, I guess.
-
The book was for sale at the end of the event and it sold quite well.
-

I keep the book on my windowsill so that I can read it as often as I wish :)
-
photo credits: empowernetwork dot com

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Excellent. It's a great feeling. Congratulations!

SzélsőFa said...

thank you, Charles.

Vesper said...

Congratulations! Yes, look at it, touch it, read it... :-) Here's to many more! I'm so happy for you!

SzélsőFa said...

Thanks, Vesper.
i keep re-opening, re-reading, there's always something new from one (any) of my fellow mates from the writers' course.
i kind of getting used to the sight of the book. lovely.