Monday, September 9, 2013

an exhibition

This Friday, I wish you, my kind readers were all here to celebrate the opening of an interesting exhibition.
-
The story in short:
Some young fine artists living in the town created drawings, photos and paintings. They let us, members of the writers' group see copies of their work months before the exhibition.
Any member who found inspiration in any of the works was free to write anything using the artwork as a prompt. There was only one restriction: the writing should be readable while standing next beside the original artwork in the exhibition room, that is, no writing should be long.
-
I wrote two poems and one short prose for three of these artworks and there will be two exhibited. One of the poems will not be placed there because the artwork itself will not be displayed for reasons beyond my understanding.
-
First of all, I love that this project inspired me to write three pieces. I find it so difficult to get anything written these days, I am not urging or pressing it, I miss writing, that is :( So having written these two poems and a short prose was quite fulfilling.
-
The exhibition starts this Friday and will be available for anyone interested for a month at the local library's exhibition and mess hall for free.
-
So should by any chance any of you come to Hungary, please contact me and I will guide you through the exhibition. :)
And I would love to share my writings here, but they are not translated yet :(
Here's a link to the artwork, I don't think it will work, but let's try it for once.
-
And here's the invitation:



6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, I will be missing it over here in the USA. HOpe it all goes wonderfully, though!

SzélsőFa said...

I thought about you, Charles and of course it was obvious that you can't come. But it felt so good to invite you all, and among all, you in particular.
Thanks for the wishes.

Vesper said...

The link does work, thank you!, and the art is so interesting. I love it! I'd like to see it all... And to read your pieces. Hopefully, you will translate them to English one day. :-)

SzélsőFa said...

Hi Vesper,

If you click on any of the small pictures, it enlarges and you can even go from on big pic to another and so on.
I think you'd like the event, too :)

As for translating my pieces: Well, the prose sure will get translated one day, but the poem is a bit tough, for I tried to play with meter, not that it went all good all the way :)

Magyar said...

And... I do wish!

__That my Grandparents... were not so rigid about their inner directive, -to speak English only- when they became citizens of the USA. Though I identify closely with my Hungarian genes, I am fully
inept with their homeland's language.

__Glad to visit here... I shall return. Wishes _m

SzélsőFa said...

It's always good to see a new visitor. Do please drop by next time, any time.
And don't forget to let yourself be heard.

SzF