Sunday, September 30, 2007

Am I a writer?

I found a meme on Jason's site.
No one tagged me, which I really don't mind.

This meme is about the 5 strong points of myself, as a writer.

This is where the main problem starts.
Am I a writer?

What are the criteria of being a writer?
Is there any?
Is it like.....
Do I write on a daily basis? Do I get payment for writing? Are my things published?
No, No, and no again.
Yet, I don't think these qualify.
Are there times when I feel like that what I have in my mind, my feelings, my experience (being spiritual, physical, world-ly, or supernatural, are to best dealt with by putting them on paper?
Are there times when you can't resist the need to write? No matter how rare these times are? When writing is the only solution?
Do I feel drawn back to what I have written just to make it convey the message more and easier?
So I sometimes just let my writings be as how they are?
Do I sometimes feel my writings are inseparatably from my inner part?
Yes, and yes to all.
Do they qualify?
To Jason I said I was more pessimistic and tended to focus on my weaknesses. He gave me some good words of advice, which cheered me up a bit.
I gathered some strong points of myself, yes.
But I might keep the results for myself.
I don't always consider myself a writer in the first place. I'm just someone who sometimes writes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hát, ha nem is írónak születtél akkor is lehetsz jó másban is.

SzélsőFa said...

köszi! Igazán kedves volt :P

hova tűnt a blogod? Délelőtt nem láttam.

Unknown said...

Én felmentem a google-re de meg fogsz lepődni, a pandák víztartalma nem volt sehol.

SzélsőFa said...

Jó, jó csak vicceltem :)
Köszönöm a keresést!
De, mint tudományos kérdés, nem fura, hogy még senki sem vizsgálta?

Bernita said...

Just my opinion: if one writes, one is a writer.
If one publishes, one is an author.

SzélsőFa said...

Thanks Bernita. That really makes sense PLUS clarifies me the difference between an author and a writer.
For me, as a foreigner to the English language, I sometimes misused these two words easily.