Friday, September 12, 2008

not quite there yet, but...

I started writing this WIP of mine for various reasons.
As you all know, it started as a contest entry for one of Jason's competitions. It gained no medal or special price whatsoever, but readers found it likeable and suggested to expand the original 250-word piece.
And I gladly started doing so.
Now the word count is 5,200 - including the newest addition of... uhm:47 words, yes, forty-seven... I wrote this very today whooohooo!
This made me wonder about the fate of Halo.
-
I am almost a hundred percent sure that it will not be published in any form.
I do not dream of being published and I do not wish to suffer through the various step and stages of publishing either.
I'd definitely like to get Halo read, at least by those I like, by those whose opinion I count upon. It is a piece of my soul, like a child, or like a secret garden within me I'd like to share.
-
And here comes the thing: I am almost positive that I have made some mistakes: grammatical or other. I would like someone read it before I make it available for all those people I value. Or...I might hand it out to those I think I will and ask them all to comment on anything they would like to comment.
-
I don't know yet.
Charles and Bernita, thanks for your kind words. And basically, I would like to thank all of you who visit and comment here or on my other, English language site...
I just wanted to let you all know that your feedback matters much to me.
-
I feel connected, I feel being heard -
thank you.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, maybe it won't be published, but there is always the possibility. And everyone needs a little grammatical help at times. Do you know an English teacher who might be willing to give it a look?

SzélsőFa said...

Uhm, not really.

I was thinking of my fellow bloggers .... *blushes*
*covers head*

strugglingwriter said...

May not be published and that's ok. As you say, I think the point is for it to be read.

SzélsőFa - this is you? Maybe I already knew that. Anyhow, I would be willing to read it.

Synchronicity said...

Hello...just coming over to visit you from Charles' site. It is good to sometimes write just for the purpose of getting the words out. Publication is icing on the cake.

Bernita said...

"I feel being heard" and you have a lovely voice, Szelsofa.

SzélsőFa said...

*waves to Paul
Yes it's me :)
Thanks for the offer. Now it's really time I finished this piece, as I seem to have eager readers...it's really a heart-warming feeling.
I'll be working on it as soon as I have the time, inspiration, and all...you know...

Merelyme,

it's good to see you here! I agree :)

Bernita,

You are so kind to me, thank you!