Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My answers and a new task

Dear readers,
I am thankful for your answers for my three *whatif*s.
The game is not closed, so you may all contribute another completion anytime you wish.
Yet, as I promised here are my three finishing lines:
1-What if everyone in a park suddenly fell asleep?
Everyone would be having the same dream in which they are having a garden party with balloons and funs and jokes so that when people gets awake, with the same memory in their mind, they all share smiles and laughter with each other.
-
2-What if someone, working in a car repair shop fixed a tank (a sturdy army machine) out of the parts the shop normally uses?

Suspecting conspiracy, he starts his own private investigation into the company.

-
3-What if a family found out that they have to move into a foreing country?
A painful farewell party is organized and given, when love-and-hate relationships formerly hidden came into the front, leaving former friends as enemies, and former neutrals as close friends.
-
And now, since my computer is due to another re-installation, I'm leaving you with another task. I mean this is a task we were given, but it's kind of fun so you are encouraged to share your results with me.
The original task was to pick a recent day of my life.
I had to write about the events in a.) first person singular; b.) third person; c.) in sentences containing not more than 10 words; d.) in one long sentence; and finally e.) using only nouns, with a limit of 40 words for the day.
I did it dutifully, but it was a tedious task.
I found doing a.) and b.) a bit boring, but the difference between various POVs came out nicely.
Task c.) was really, really boring, because I love long sentences when it comes to description. I think this task was to make events appear faster than they really were. Any opinion on that?
Task d.) on the other hand was really challenging, because we were not allowed to use 'and' as a connection. Task e.) came as a refreshing one and it created a dramatic effect.
-
Now, if you are still in the mood for a game, pick any of a-e. and write it in the comments section.
And as I'm taking this course in Hungarian I will not translate tasks a.-d. - anyway, they are quite boring, but I'm presenting you with my solution for task e.
-
March 3.

Awakening.
Chicken.
Corn.
Bed.
Kitchen.
Breakfast.
Quarrel.
School.
Discussion.
Notes.
Plans.
Pen.
Writing.
Music.
Exercise.
Tiredness.
Slaughterpants.
Garden.
Chase.
Axe.
Neck.
Feather.
Skin.
Intestines.
Meat.
Lunch.
Boy.
Girl.
Games.
Joy.
Home.
Table-tennis.
Tiredness.
Laughter.
Dinner.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

My days have been too busy of late to pick much of anything except tiredness.

steve on the slow train said...

Slaughterpants? Maybe I don't want to know.

SzélsőFa said...

Charles,

Answer accepted :))

Steve,

Your delicate comment made me laugh.
This is actually a word I made up - I was too lazy and self confident to check whether it had any actual meaning.
I wanted to refer to a pair of a special rubber-made garden pants. This I use everytime we slaughter a chicken to protect my everyday clothes.
As for a more serious note: I know the mere mentioning of slaughter might hurt some people. I am sorry for that -

Each time we kill an animal we say a little prayer so as to ensure his/her journey is safe and justified. We kill animals that look a bit unhealthy, or are in excess number, or have developed a bad habit. We do kill for meat, but do not do it heartlessly. Each time it is hard on us, but when one starts keeping animals for meat one has to consider this side of the business as well.