Monday, July 9, 2007

motivation

There are times when I just can't think of writing a single line. I'd like to write and I do imagine myself writing and I do enjoy writing, but I don't seem to have the inspiration. I guess this must be something similar with every writer - those of the lesser kind, that is.
But this is not my main topic.
It is motivation.
The story I'm writing about is a bit strange. Or is it an ordinary story with strange characters?
Nevermind.
The reason behind their behaviour(s) and feeling(s) is the motivation, right?
And that's where I'm troubled now: am I to give, depict and detail the motivation or rather, am I to leave it mysterious as it is a bit to me?
I have to make things clear in my head.
What are MY motives?
Am I to let the protagonist act on his/her free will OR am I to analyse him/her?
Who's the main character? Is it him/her or me?
Am I more important and wise? Or am I just peeping into someone else's life?
Am I to give life to him/her - or am I only allowed to enter his/her life as a visitor?
--- --- --- ---
and finally: am I to define myself as a writer?
that is: am I to consider myself as one and if the answer is yes, am I to declare and attach a style of writing to me? will that confine me or liberate me? why all these nonsense creep into my mind? why am I so unsure of myself?
of being able to finish it off?
where is my confidence?
what am I to do once I finished with the 'job' ?
will writing all the way through worth all the trouble I feel?
does anyone around feel like this?

No comments: