Tuesday, December 11, 2007

now or never? or ever?

It's Bernita time again.

She has that wonderful picture up on her site. The lovely tree is a must see and a true inspiration, as I gather from the number of entries.
Yes, it is contest time again, this time, by her.
When I first saw the photo thousand blurs occupied my mind, all asking for being written down.
Which was exactly what I wanted to do.
They were not solid ideas, just blurs, but still - the photo did speak and it still does.
take a look at it and enter the contest, it's open until 14 December.
---
I promised her to enter, and so did I for my own self.
I added that I had to wait until family is asleep or away at schools (DH also works at a school, well, a university is a school, isn't it?)
I waited until everyone went asleep; only to realize I had some other things to do, which I duly did.
The next two days were weekend days, and my family needed me.
Monday has come and gone.
I realized I had some other things to do, which I, with clinching fists and tight jaws, duly have done again.
I've been waiting for Tuesday. So Tuesday came and I realized...
Plus my daughter is at home with some virus induced disease.
----
So, here I am, wondering whether I will have the precious time to work out those original ideas.
Which are barely audible now. The first striking voice I seemed to have heard is but a silent whisper. I don't know whether I have lost it alltogether or not...
---
Do you always carve out the time when the Muse strikes?
or can you call it back later on?
I don't want to mess up with her*, you know.
*I'm referring to the Muse, not to Bernita :)))
---

15 comments:

Bernita said...

I know what you mean!
Often, if I don't immediately scribble down the first thoughts and images they fade like ghosts.
Don't worry about it, Dear Girl. If you don't have time, you don't have time - family comes first.

Charles Gramlich said...

If I simply don't have the time to let the muse have her way when she strikes, I make some quick notes so that I can get back to it later. This doesn't always work but when you have to labor for a living you sometimes don't have any choice.

SzélsőFa said...

Bernita and Charles,

your advice seems reasonable. I think I have thought of it myself.
Sometimes, when I can't sleep dues to some idea, I sneak out to the other room, light a lamp and write down my ideas.
But sometimes the idle masses of everyday labor take all of my ideas away.
I don't think I have anything else but wait.
It makes me sad, though.

Unknown said...

This pictured reminded me to chainsaw and lumber competitions.

SzélsőFa said...

Which picture, Ropi, please?

Unknown said...

Bernita's picture

Khan (Kán) is a Mongolian position. Haven't your head about Batu Khan or Dzsingisz Khan?

SzélsőFa said...

I did Ropi, I'm not THAT stupid, please!!!!

I did not get the oliver part.

I think it was Oliver Khan or something.

Unknown said...

Oliver Khan is a fottball player!!!!!

SzélsőFa said...

Oh, is he?
've never heard of him.

(Now I think I understand that joke.)

Unknown said...

good.

Pallav said...

Muse, she sits on my head whispering words in my ear...no respite.

you are lucky yours goes away :P

I'll be comin back :)

Cheers!

N

SzélsőFa said...

Nothingman,

thanks for dropping by - and yes, do come as often as you wish. Please visit my other blog as well. Don't be frightened by the Hungarian title, that is written in English too.
That is where my entry to Bernita's contest is up, as well.

Re :muse.
Oh, I see what you mean.
Having a constant muse on your shoulder can be heavy sometimes. In this sense it is better to have one that keeps coming and going.
All the insane people are looking to become normal all the time...I know.

WH said...

I try to get at least a few ideas down, but it always works best if I can at least start something when the muse speaks. Most of the time, the muse has to wait because, as Wordsworth said, "The world is too much with us."

virtual nexus said...

I often find when I scribble notes down I either can't read my handwriting or can't work out what I was thinking about when I wrote them!

SzélsőFa said...

Billy,

thank you for your advice!

Julie,

:)))
Thanks for dropping by!