Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The end

No, no, I'm not quitting this blog :)

Right now I have a job so I don't and can't really concentrate on writing Halo, but the other day I was walking along the streets and ...
well, I was thinking about the end I imagined for Halo.
The idea, that sounded fun and a great ending seemed flat and well, not-so-interesting.
I don't know.
I thought it would be a funny twist.
Now I don't know.
I've even started thinking about alternative endings.
-
I think I will NOT be dealing with writing the ultimate ending* right now.
-
Things I have to finish with Halo are:
- a fighting scene between MC and someone else (I keep postponing writing this for some reason!)
- the scene that leads to the ending
- the ending scene with a dialogue between MC and someone else
- the aftermath*
-
I'm a great fan of various music.
From Mozart to Brenda Lee to Nina Simone, from Metallica to KD Lang, anything might come.
But give me some rock'n'roll and/or hiphop and/or rap and I no longer wish to say hello to you.
I' d say goodbye for good. Hee.

9 comments:

Bernita said...

Let it simmer in your subconscious for a while.

Charles Gramlich said...

wow, you do have eclectic taste in music. Metallica and K. D. Lang. I can't span quite that reach.

Miladysa said...

Good luck with you writing.

Brenda Lee - some classic songs :-D

SzélsőFa said...

Bernita,
that's one good advice.
I think I might just as well think the idea is dull, because I know it by heart.
I've been familiar with the ending in the past few months or so. No wonder it is not a surprise ending for me.
But for those who read it the first time....

Charles,
:)
It depends on my mood and how energetic I am.

Miladysa,
thank you!
Do you like her too?

WH said...

You can't go wrong with Amadeus. His Jupiter Symphony is sublime, and piano concerto, opus 21 (?) is heaven.

Steve Malley said...

Finish that book. You're too close while you're writing to have any accurate idea whether you've done well or not. If your ending is indeed bad, you'll see it when you read the first draft!

SzélsőFa said...

Billy,

I just love anything Mozart.

Steve,

thank you.
In fact, the thing I'm writing is by no means a book, but noone would dare to call it a novel either. It is a mere 5-6 pages, but it is important for me.
And the time might come when I write a real book...Who knows?
Thank you again for visiting me!

Miladysa said...

Yes :-D

SzélsőFa said...

:-)