Thursday, February 19, 2009

goin' local

while I am an advocate for local thinking (as an opposite to globalism) it never occurred to me to actively search for a local circle of writers...
it seems now that the opportunity is just here fine at this very point of my life :)
reading my mailbox I came accross an ad for the March session of the local group of writers/poets. As far as I see, this is a helping group, a writers' class, if you like, for any unpublished writer or writer-to-be.
I remember when Paul wrote a post about going to the first of his writers' class. His was excited about it and so I am.
I don't know anyone.
I contacted one of the organizers in an email and got my first homeworks...
More on those later on...
Did I tell you I was excited?

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

New groups can be exciting. It's fun to get together with others and talk writing.

SzélsőFa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SzélsőFa said...

Charles, one of these days you'll get the Fastest Replier Award.


Yes, I'm looking forward to it, expecting the group to be helpful and inspiring.
I'll do my best to stay, but with the aim of my improvement, I will continuously keep on eye on its usefulness

strugglingwriter said...

That's great you found a group. It has really helped my writing. Here's a link to my first post about my experiences (I emailed it to you too):

http://strugglingwriter.wordpress.com/2008/01/15/first-writing-group-meeting/