Friday, February 27, 2015

no problem, no writing

and it is the other way around as well....

I will no longer cheat myself into believing I am a writer.
I do not want to finish it off, or call it a life, whatever.
It's just that I no longer pretend that my writing is not therapeutic.
If something bothers me, I elaborate on the subject.
Be it a personal, or a second~hand experience, a feeling, a haunting memory, illness of mind, the state of being content, excited or aroused.
I let it out in writing, work my way into it, give an alternative life to it, and finish it off.
~
But when there is nothing to tickle me I do not write.
~
No problem?
No writing.
~
No writing?
No problem.
~

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Writing can be good therapy, and if that is what is needed then let it work!

SzélsőFa said...

It is.
Writing has proven useful in many times during these years to ease pain, to help understand things, to relive and re~evaluate events and states of minds.
It has been a comfort/relief during these years.

The trouble is that now I don't feel the problems anymore.
And not because there is not any. Or I don't know.
I am working on it.

Vesper said...

My writing is my escape... So, I guess I'm running from my problems. Thus writing will always be a refuge for me and I can't give it up.

SzélsőFa said...

Writing as an escape is worth a complete new post, Vesper :)