Tuesday, February 12, 2008

whose eyes?

I saw that Miladysa has a new template. I told her I liked the color and the arrangement, but the top photo sort of frightened me.
She, in return, informed me that this painting was a symbol of motherhood - which means that the thing to be frightened from is my own imagination.
Miladysa used my one of my favourite quote: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
-
So, where there's a full grown woman at the peak of her fertility is supposed to be, I saw a half-dead, drowned woman, who's given in and was following the river's circling movement peacefully, with no intention of getting out.
-
At the very same time, I have been working on Halo and was seeing my MC to go to an official meeting in a boring office building. I wanted to illustrate that when MC uses the stairs, he gets tired very easily. He's nothing of a fittness champion, you see.
-
He started going up, that is all right.
But then he started seeing and hearing frightful scenes and/or characters that were not there on the stairs.
-
What a coincidence.
No wait, there's no coincidence, I don't believe in such a thing.
-
It's either
1.
I was in a frightened mode, so anything I touched/saw/heard felt frightful.
2.
MC was in a frightened mode, wanted me to write his adventures on the stairs and influenced me to see the lady through his own eyes.
-
What's your take?
Similar experiences?

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I actually had one of these "life imitates art" experiences yesterday and will post about it on my blog either this evening or in the morning.

WH said...

No coincidences. It's # 2 for sure.

SzélsőFa said...

Charles,

I've read yours and that was quite weird, too. Even if you don't consider yourself to be a clairvoyant, you can still see things beforehand.

Billy,

creepy answer, indeed.

Miladysa said...

I was surprised to see the mention - thank you :]

I am not sure, 1 or 2?

Perhaps a mix of both ;]

SzélsőFa said...

Miladysa,

yes, that is one possible answer. After all, writers have some influence over their characters.

Lisa said...

While I don't consider myself to be a dark person, I have a tendency to write about dark themes if I don't consciously pull out of it. Like many people, I tend to write more and feel more creative when I'm depressed or unsettled and it spills over, whether I want it to or not. I find it tedious to read, so I try not to do it.

SzélsőFa said...

It must be a hard balancing act to NOT to write depressive and/or about depression when it is what tickles a writer the most...