Saturday, April 19, 2008

Full Moon

She's hiding among her courtsladies.
So is my inspiration.
A dry spell? Perhaps.
Loss of interest? I don't think so.
-
The end of my WIP is still awaiting to be written.
-

As I mentioned earlier I took up the habit my MC has in Halo. I must confess I'm almost living the life he has. Almost.
I'm grateful for the difference.
-
Have you created any heroes that you'd gladly swap life with?
Or, if you are not a writer, which fiction character's life would you most like to take over?
Let me see.
From the LOTR series, I'm definitely partial to Eowyn. She's faithful, supportive and fierce. She's got strong emotions towards her man, her country and her kindsmen.
-
And you?
If your choice is not so well known, please support your choice with a short description of him/her.

14 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd like to have some of the characteristics of my heroes but not their lives. Too much drama, danger and sudden death.

steve on the slow train said...

All right, I admit it--my character Timothy--working on the '68 McCarthy campaign, having a love relationship with two brilliant and gorgeous women, and then getting to go back in time, spiritually, to correct a mistake.

And I'd have to add a similar character in the realm of published literature--Simon Morley of Jack Finney's "Time and Again," who goes to New York of 1881 from the 1970 "present."

SzélsőFa said...

Charles,

I can totally see your point.
Isn't it interesting that we like to read about heroes and dream about lioving their lives for a while,, but enough is enough. We don't want that much drama in our real life I suppose.

Steve,

Timothy :) - I know a thing or two about him and his life :)))

Unfortunately I have not heard of Simon M.

Bernita said...

I might wish, like Charles, that I had many of their qualities,but not their lives.
Enough sorrow in my own.

Full Pink Moon, so, nice you mentioned court ladies!

WH said...

For some reason, most of my MCs are females. That having been said, I wouldn't mind trading some of their interesting exploits for my less than adventurous life. Call me liberated! -:)

SzélsőFa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SzélsőFa said...

Bernita,

perhaps a writer lives through his heroes' lives anyway.

Billy,

I would be interested in reading a study about the ratio of female authors having males as main characters and males females.
I have two WIPS and its 1:1.

Unknown said...

My hero is Szőke Kapitány from the UPC advertisement. :D

SzélsőFa said...

Ouch Ropi, that hurts.
That 'character' is so annoying I can't decide whether to laugh at him or kill him in a nanosecond.

Bernita said...

Want to thank you, Dear Girl, for your good wishes.

Unknown said...

I think he is cool.

SzélsőFa said...

Aw Bernita, I am impressed. You are so kind to your readers and commenters:)

Ropi,

*sighs*

after all, not everyone has similar tastes for things in life.
And it is oh-so-well pre-arranged.

Imagine if we all had the same taste. *shudders*

Miladysa said...

My angels Grispheran
and Tashriel ;-D

SzélsőFa said...

I see the point in your choice, Miladysa :)